Creating a Model Copy
Use the duplicate model button at the bottom of the model tile to create a copy.
When duplicating a model with submodels all links to the submodels stay intact, but references to the model are not changed and keep pointing to the original. To create a copy of a complex model with submodels follow this approach:
- Copy the lowest level of models, e.g. all models without submodels. Give them a unique name, e.g. prefix them with V2 or similar.
- Copy the next level of models and add all model copies of the previous step as submodels (see Working with Submodels). Don't remove the original/old submodels just yet. Change all connections to nodes of submodels to the submodel copies. Now remove the original/old submodels.
- Repeat step 2 for each parent model.
Create a Model Copy including the Workspaces
- Copy the Model as outlined above
- Migrate the workspaces as shown at Copy / Migrate Workspaces to New Models